Forging Strong Climate Commitments: Driving Transparency and Credibility in the Net Zero Goal
Credible climate commitments are essential for building trust and mobilizing resources. They are the linchpin of our collective efforts to address climate change and achieve the Net Zero goal. Ensuring transparency and credibility is vital for inspiring cooperation and effecting real change toward a sustainable future.
The event highlights the evolving landscape of climate commitments, emphasizing the growing role of transparency, accountability, and the involvement of non-state actors in advancing climate action. It offers a platform to review actions that boost credibility and explores the challenges and opportunities in implementing the High-Level Expert Group’s recommendations, with a focus on the significant role of non-state actors.
Helena Viñes / Chair EU Platform on Sustainable Finance
- Ramiro Fernandez / Campaigns Director, Climate Champions Team
- Gonzalo Saénz de Miera / Director of Climate Change and Alliances at Iberdrola
- José Entrecanales / Chief Financial and Sustainability Officer / Acciona Energía
- Yolanda Fernandez / Director for Environment, Sustainability, Innovation and Climate Change / EDP
- Antoni Ballabriga / Global Head of Responsible Business at BBVA