Responsible supply chains: A key tool for halting deforestation
Responsible and sustainable supply chains play a crucial role in combating deforestation and forest degradation, protecting biodiversity, and addressing climate change. The event aims to highlight the significance of a strong regulatory framework to promote deforestation free, sustainable supply chains, contributing to global environmental conservation, and encouraging businesses to adopt sustainable practices.
The world is witnessing a growing global shift towards sustainable and ethical value chains, reflecting growing demand from consumers worldwide. These regulations require due diligence from companies throughout their supply chains. An important example is the new Regulation on the making available on the Union market and the export from the Union of certain commodities and products associated with deforestation and forest degradation in the European Union, The event will delve into these trends, emphasizing the need for transparency and accountability throughout value chains and highlighting the importance of increasing alignment of regulations with sustainability objectives.
The event that brings together stakeholders, policymakers, and industry experts to discuss the importance of responsible value chains and the example of the EU’s Deforestation Regulation. It provides an opportunity to explore the latest developments in supply chain sustainability, and the potential benefits for forests, biodiversity, and the fight against climate change.
Anthony Agotha / European Commissioner
- Florika Fink-Hooijer / European Commission DG ENV Director General
- Elena Pita / Biodiversity Foundation Director. Spanish Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge
- Anique Hillbrand / Programme Manager International Projects / Oro Verde – Tropical Forest Foundation
- Nicole Quijano-Evans / Deputy Head of UNODC Environment Team / UNODC
- Jennifer Skene / Natural Resources Defence Council / NRDC
- Valerie Hickey / Global Director for Environment, Natural Resources and Blue Economy / World Bank
- Federico Ramos / President of the Circular Economy Commission of the chamber of commerce of Spain